Monday, October 11, 2010

Financial Jungle...



I had been working since I was in my 2nd year of graduation. Have been in Debt markets that time and was just a part time job to earn some experience and some pocket money and same time I cleared my 3 years GNNIT from NIIT.

Just after my graduation I had no idea as in what I would be doing ahead in my life….had many plans…but life wont take in the same direction as you plan… for me I wanted to do something on the IT side…mostly towards animation or something closer.

Also at same time I wanted to do my MBA, but wanted to earn 1st and then pursue the same. Dad being from the Finance / Investments field.. I knew I had a soft corner for that field always. But I never thought that as a career and move forward. Still undecided for 2-3 months..one day dad came to me and told me why don’t I join his friends firm which is a Broking firm and in to Arbitrage. At that time though dad was a master in this field of broking; I had no much clue as in what each and every term meant.


Took time and thought to ponder over his idea. Then I did feel no issue joining in…with respects to learning new terms and get experience which could help me more when I would study for MBA and so I agreed to my dads option and joined a broking firm.

The first day I was so blank over there….knew no terms..wish google was there that time J . But to my luck I had a great mentor there. His name was Mr. Rohit, Director of that firm. From day one he left no stones unturned in teaching me every small term, every small technical detail.

Right from why one should invest in Stock Markets, what are the different mode of investing, gain and risk factor, process, front end process, back end process.. and the list can go on…

After almost a month over there I started enjoying being in this field, mostly I think was because of the mentor I had. Never realized how time flew there. It was a year I had spent in that firm and was almost a pro in all departments. Right from advising clients to handling the backend.

Now it has been close to 11 years I have been in this field and the journey has been awesome. I could never get going with my MBA coz of various reasons but a good timing of joining this investment field took care of the knowledge and degree I missed out by not doing MBA.

Now when I look back I realize this wouldn’t have been a smooth ride for me if I dint have my mentor along for 2 yrs.

The same way I feel now for all the novice people joining my team who at times are with less knowledge and less experience and so I know I also need to be like my mentor in teaching them right from the basics. That’s the only way I know I can give back the knowledge I got from him and others.

The same way over twitter I did get many questions about investments and mode of investing maybe for making money or for tax saving etc from friends coming from different background. So I thought why not start a small blog where in at times I can help a few and be a guide for them in this Financial Jungle.

Hope you guys have a nice time reading them from now on… 


3 comments:

  1. This shows your sincerity towards your work and knowledge sharing. :)
    I am one of those twitter friends, who wanted to get into this field of investments.
    Thanks much Avni, Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is the story of Avni. You have travelled from unknown side and ended being a PRO in this. Wishing you best. I am going to follow this blog closely for 3 reasons

    1. I dont have much idea or interest in Finance but i want to get a hang of it.
    2. The language you use is simple to understand
    3. I expecting expert advise from you as i go along and start exploring the financial options for a secure future

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the help of some unique investment tips anyone can trade and earn big profit and that trading tips you can find on Epic Research's blog.

    ReplyDelete